- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Journalism and Mass Communication
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Advertising and Public Relations
How to register
- Log into your CyHire account. Use your netID and password to log in.
- On the ‘Home’ page of CyHire, you will scroll down until you see ‘Shortcuts’ on the right side of the page.
- Under ‘Shortcuts’ select ‘Interviews I Qualify For.’
- Within ‘Interviews I Qualify For’ you will find postings from the available employers. Select the posting for the employer(s) that you wish to schedule a one on one chat with,
- Within the posting from your above employer of choice select ‘Apply’ in the top right corner.
- Add your resume within the ‘Apply’ section of the posting *Please note you will need to make sure your most recent resume is uploaded in CyHire so you can add it during this step. If you do not have a resume uploaded in CyHire, it will not allow you to sign up for a chance to chat with the employer.*
- Select the ‘Interview Time’ that fits best in your schedule and hit ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the page.
- You have successfully set up your time to chat with an employer. You will get a confirmation email with details and reminders of your chat time prior to the scheduled event.
- PLEASE NOTE: If all spots are filled by the time you go to set up your chat time with the employer, please still submit your resume through application and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the employer name in the subject line so we can send your resume on to the employer. You will be placed on a wait list if all spots are filled and we will be in touch if a slot opens
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call LAS Career Services at 515-294-8691.
Tuesday, Oct. 13 – Journalism and Mass Communication
Woodward Communications Inc.
Inside scoop: Check WCInet.com for openings in journalism and public relations.
Representatives: Patricia Dietz, HR manager; Ali Chapman, HR coordinator
Learn more: https://www.wcinet.com/
Des Moines Register
Representative: Carol Hunter, Executive Editor
Learn more: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/
Representative: Fern Kidder
Learn more: http://www.iowapbs.org/
Omaha World Herald
Inside scoop: The Omaha-World-Herald is accepting applications for three student journalists for a 12-week internship in the summer of 2020. We will hire one photographer, one general news reporter and one sports journalist. Completion of junior year in college and previous internship experience at a daily newspaper or news organization. You’ll need previous experience because you’ll be assigned the same tasks that we give our full-time reporters. We’re looking for curious, flexible, quick-thinking journalists who want to get better. Compensation is $10/hour.
Representative: Connie White, Metro Editor
Learn more: https://omaha.com/
Inside scoop: Our internships are on pause, but we’re looking for someone who wants to come and learn on a first job. We’re looking for people who have been in a newsroom environment before. We encourage journalists to look at the idea of producers. Producers are always in demand, and you can move up quickly.
Representative: Allison Smith, News Director
Learn more: https://www.kcci.com/
Wednesday, Oct. 14 — Advertising and Public Relations
Representative: Nancy Holmes
Learn more: https://ls2group.com/
The Concept Works
Representative: Eric Woolson
Learn more: http://theconceptworks.com/
Inside Scoop: “We’re a really big deal in financial circles.” Looking for members of the content marketing team and research and development team who like working with words. “We craft language to be as human-friendly as possible. We want to talk to students who come from an editorial background who like to dive into new areas.”
Representative: Allison Zobel
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/
Inside Scoop: “We have an internship program and we’re always recruiting. We want to help develop the careers for those at Greenlee. We analyse our needs each year. We could be hiring for an account internship, creative, HR, or our digital team.”
Representative: Kendra Kelly
Learn more: https://www.meyocks.com/
Cocoa Creative Agency
Representative: Terrence Thames, CEO and Creative Director
Learn more: https://www.cocoacreates.com/
Inside Scoop: Flynn Wright is seeking to hire digital media interns to learn and gain hands-on experience from our growing Digital Media team. Interns will learn the ins and outs of paid digital media through training and job shadowing. Interns will get to put their skills to test in media planning, coordinating a successful campaign launch, overseeing pacing and delivery to goals and objectives, and developing reporting based on real businesses’ advertising needs. The internship will be from mid-September – mid-November with potential opportunity for full-time employment starting immediately after the commencement of the internship.
Representative: Megan Kruse
Learn more: https://www.flynnwright.com/