Employers recruiting Iowa State University students for interns and full-time employees post positions on CyHire. You can search for positions by college or major, upload your resume, view career fair information, and more. Explore all features in the system and be sure to visit the site frequently to see new listings.
Iowa State alumni can register for CyHire by completing the Alumni CyHire Access Form.
Access the system
- Go to CyHire
This link will direct you to the Okta verify page, enter your ISU username and password to log-in.
- Updating your Profile
Many of the fields in your profile have been automatically populated. However, on your Academic Profile, you need to make a selection for the Application Type and Work Authorization.
For Applicant Type, select “Experiential Education” since you will likely start by seeking a co-op or internship. You will need to change this to “Entry Level” when you begin seeking post-graduation employment.
For Work Authorization, select the condition that applies to your situation. U.S. citizens, permanent residents and others authorized to work in the US should choose “Authorized to Work in the U.S. on a Full-Time Basis.”
Keep your profile updated as these choices affect the results of the job searches conducted in CyHire.
- Student User Guide and Tip Sheet
The Student User Guide is located in the Resources section of CyHire.
You may apply to job postings or interview schedules through the system. To qualify, you must update your student profile and upload a resume.
- Under Profile, complete your degree level, work authorization and applicant type
- Add resumes under My Documents. Upload your resume in a PDF format (If you choose to upload a Word document, review the conversion to make sure it is error-free)
Automate your CyHire search
You will want to check CyHire frequently for information about information sessions and career fairs, but you do have the ability to have CyHire email the jobs or internships you’re interested in straight to your inbox.
- Under the Jobs tab, click Job Postings. Under the search button, click See All Jobs. Begin creating your search by selecting your desired Position Type and clicking Apply. Under More Filters, select your major (and any related majors). You may also want to select Yes under Include only selected major. Click Apply.
- If you have gotten the results you’re looking for, click + Create Job Alert. You will now receive a weekly email with all of the new positions that meet your search criteria.