Spring 2018 Career Development Opportunities
Sign up for email or text reminders here!
Resume Do’s and Donuts
- Tuesday, January 30 from 10:15-10:45 am in Carver 294
- Donuts and coffee will be provided during this short resume workshop. Make sure to bring a copy of your resume, if you have one!
Resumes and Career Fair Preparation
- Thursday, February 1 from 4:15-5 pm in Carver 124
- Come learn the best practices for a stellar resume! We will also go over how to prepare for the career fair and what to expect the day of.
Career Fair Prep Drop-In Hours
- Monday, February 5 from 1:10-3 pm in Carver 132 AND Tuesday, February 6 from 1:10-3 pm in Carver 298
- Need some last minute tips for the Career Fair? Career Services has you covered! Come for last minute help on resumes, appropriate career day attire, and other questions you might have related to the Career Fair! Students will be served on a first come, first served basis.
LAS Week Career Night: Reception, Professional Headshots and Seminars
- Tuesday, February 13 from 5:10-7 pm in in Carver 101
- One night, two seminars! Join LAS Career Services for a special event to help you in your future transition from the classroom to your career. Seminars will cover LinkedIn and CyHire tips and tricks! More information.
Interviewing Techniques – Speak for Yourself
- Wednesday, February 14 from 4:15-5 pm in Carver 232
- Interviews make you nervous? No worries! Come to this event to learn best practices for interviewing so you can impress those employers!
Classroom and Student Organization Presentations
Career Services is always looking for opportunities to educate students about career related topics. We are very interested in serving as a guest speaker to your LAS student organization or class. Presentation topics we could bring to your group include:
- Overview of Career Services
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Career Fair Preparation/Networking
- Maintaining a Professional Online Presence
- Job/Internship Searching
Topics can be adjusted to fit your students’ needs. To arrange a presentation for your class or organization, please fill out the Guest Speaker Form or contact Taren Crow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-2967.
Please note: Iowa State University Career Services will consider presentation requests from academically based student organizations and ISU offices, but is not able to support non-academically based student organizations, including Greek organizations and residence halls, or non-ISU entities due to resource and time constraints.